This eight-part webinar series will present the steps for completing a successful grocery business transition. In many cases, some form of community or shared ownership model provides a viable opportunity for maintaining a vibrant rural grocery store. Each webinar will explore a different topic pertinent to successful business transitions.
This series is free and open to the public. Save your spot by registering today.
All webinars will be held on Thursdays at 1:30pm central using Zoom.
1. January 28 Grocery Business Transition Planning: An Overview
2. February 4 Understanding Grocery Ownership Models
3. February 11 Preparing for Business Transition
4. February 18 Assessing Markets & Community Needs
5. February 25 Planning your Business
6. March 4 Funding the Transition
7. March 11 Recruiting Store Managers
8. March 18 Mastering Grocery Store Nuts & Bolts
Regional Rural Grocery Workshops
The Kansas State University's Center for Engagement and Community Development will be hosting a series of Rural Grocery Workshops in the Regions around the state. These workshops will feature guest speakers from grocery distributors, local grocery store owners, USDA Rural Development, Kansas Healthy Food Initiative, NetWork Kansas, and Kansas State Research and Extension. The focus of the workshops is to provide grocery operations information, funding opportunities, and networking to local grocery store owners and managers. There is no cost to attend and lunch is provided.
March 3, 2020: Cloud County Event Center, Concordia, Kansas, Agenda
February 19, 2020: Colby Community Building, Colby, Kansas, Agenda
September 18, 2019: Kingman Expocenter, Kingman, Kansas, Agenda
November 14, 2019: Southeast Research and Extension Center, Parsons, Kansas, Agenda